Dec 15, 2021 | Lordstown, Ohio — Of the 2.8 million square feet of the GM’s new Ultium Cells gigafactory, HCC was responsible for 1.1 million square feet of cleanrooms and dry rooms.
From InsideEVs, here’s is a breakdown of the project:
- General Motors and LG Chem’s LG Energy Solution joint venture (50/50)
- Manufacturing of lithium-ion battery cells for electric vehicles
- $2.3 billion investment and more than 1,100 new jobs
- 2.8-million-square-foot plant located in Lordstown, Ohio
- Target manufacturing capacity of 30 GWh annually (with an option for further expansion)
- Cell type: large-format, pouch-style cells groundbreaking in May 2020
- Production to start from 2022
Watch this flyover video from Nov. 23, 2021, showing a nearly completed building.
Video posted by Ray Noneya